Saturday, July 31, 2010

Do you remember?

Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival!

This post was written as part of The Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is things we’d like to share with our nurslings about what it means for us to breastfeed. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 18th through the 31st!

 
Dear Monkeymylove,
  I think some of the sweetest memories of my life are of that first month with you.  We lived on the couch, nursing, staring at each other and snoozing when appropriate.  I'd sometimes watch reruns of What not to Wear while you napped.  We got to know each other.  It was peaceful, simple, easy.  So, so easy. 

  Maybe that's why we hang onto it.  Maybe a little part of you and a big part of me can remember those quiet, happy days when you were teeny tiny.  Maybe when we nurse, it takes us back there.  Or maybe it's just me. 

  You're so big now.  So sweet.  So much to love and to handle and to keep up with.  But every morning and every naptime you roll over and look at me with your big sweet eyes, give me a smile and nurse.  And we're connected.  You're so peaceful in those (short) moments. 

  I don't know that I am the best mom I could be to you.  I don't play enough, have enough patience, but as I nourish you from my body and watch your sweet face, I pray that you know how much I love you.  And how much I want to do my very best for you.

Love, Mama

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about your relationship with your sweet baby. You captured the feeling of the way I feel when my baby smiles at me while she's nursing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete