Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu Planning Monday & 90 Day Challenge 1

In Good Cents
So, I tend to fail at the whole menu planning thing.  I mean, I plan.  Then I fail.  That whole if you fail to plan you plan to fail thing?  Yeah it works all directions for me.  See, I hate to cook.  And I like to eat.  So we eat a lot of Chick Fil A and Papa Johns.  Yep. 

But, we are REALLY trying to get ourselves on a budget around here.  I'm tired of the stress that comes from not having money.  I'm tired of the lack of money that comes from my reaction to stress (binge eat.  binge shop).

So, we made a budget.  It was scary.

And I'm going to participate in the 90-Day Budget Boot Camp at In Good Cents and Mummy Deals.

And Challenge #1 is to Meal Plan.  Which comes in handy 'cause I already did.  But it's a two-parter.

Challenge #1 is to Meal Plan AND TO STICK TO IT.  I'm scared.

Really scared.

But I'm going to do it.

So, here's my plan:
Breakfasts and lunches will be flexible.  I have/am keeping all of this stuff in the house and we can just have what we feel like.  If I totally plan I'll just be setting myself up for failure.

Breakfasts this week: Bagels or Pancakes or Oatmeal + yogurt or applesauce for Monkey

Lunches this week: Leftovers or Salami or PB Sandwiches

Dinners:
Monday: Rotel Chicken with Rice and Green Beans (can of rotel, can of cream of chicken soup, add cooked chicken.  Simmer 15 minutes.  Pour over rice).
Tuesday: Tina's Chicken Pot Pie
Wednesday: Chicken Tacos with corn and refried beans (Daniel request)
Thursday: Red Beans and Rice with Sausage and Broccoli
Friday: Ground Chicken Burgers with Onions and Peppers mixed in.  Corn on the Cob.  Sweet Potato Fries.
Saturday: Crockpot Salsa Chicken Wraps

I'm not planning for Sunday, as I figure that one night we will be at a relative's house or do something else.  If not, we can get pizza or something.  My goal is to make/eat all 6 of these meals this week.  Not necessarily on the right night, but to use them.

I'm also linking to Menu Planning Monday @ OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment