Thursday, January 20, 2011

(almost) perfect


Yesterday was an almost perfect day.
I took the boy to school, went to the chiropractor and had a massage and adjustment.
Went to Joann's with a friend and only spent $3.

Picked up my silly boy from school. Could NOT figure out who was carrying his backpack. Then realized it was my boy. With his hair pulled back and sprayed orange. I had forgotten it was "beauty parlor day". It was vaguely hilarious.

Had lunch with friends to celebrate a birthday.

Playtime at Chick Fil a.

Long nap.

Nice walk, snuggles, dinner.

Then bedtime. Oh, bedtime. It lasted for hours. And more hours. And many, many more hours. He didn't go to sleep until after 11. He was exhausted. But he couldn't get there. Oops.

When he finally made it to sleep, I was exhausted, but stayed up to watch JUST ONE episode of Greek. Or 3. I went to bed late.

The thing is, all day yesterday, no matter what happened, I had a modicum of hope. I was late, not abnormal for me, but I didn't even have a cramp. Our timing was OK this month and...things happened. I had hope.

Today, I woke up and had started my period. Oops.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment